Hello SOMA Swimmers,
This should provide you with some serious motivation! Our own 96-year-old SOMA swimmer Willard “Wink” Lamb finished his 1-hour
For those of you who don’t know or remember, the 1-hour swim is completed in your pool of choice and then you submit your results online. Results are tabulated with everyone around the US. It is a great training swim and the best part is that we all swim for Oregon as a team, so the more people we get to swim, the more yards we score for Oregon! More information can be found here:
I’m happy to time anyone at the Superior pool at any time. After a week of very hot water, the water has been pretty pleasant the last couple of days! And over on the coast in Coos Bay where I prefer to do my
Some other news:
1) Leah Harris earned Long Distance All-American Honors for the second straight year in 2018 after she and I ended up on a 6000-yard
2) After a few turns of bad luck with her health, Connie Wilson is back swimming with us at Superior again. We’re so glad to have you back, Connie!
3) A new swimmer, Sarah Reierson, started with us at Superior Athletic Club this week. Sarah is a very accomplished swimmer who grew up in Medford and swam with the club team at Superior, earning Scholastic All-American honors before going on to college at the University of San Diego. We are excited to have her in the water with us!
4) 18-year-old Baylor Wiggins joined SOMA this week as well. I coached Baylor for one year at Ashland High School before I moved over to St. Mary’s. He is now a senior at Ashland and has been swimming with us at Superior for quite a few months now, but couldn’t join Masters and SOMA until turning 18. Welcome, Baylor! Baylor is planning to come to the OMS Association Champs meet on May 17-19, so be sure to be there to meet him. EVERYONE should plan on coming to that meet!!! We need everyone to come to give Oregon Reign Masters a challenge for first place in the large team category again this year.
5) There is an upcoming SCY meet in Newberg, Oregon on the 27th of January. I know of at least 3 SOMA swimmers who plan to attend: Rick Howell, Larry Jung
I think that’s all for now. It is the time of year to start swimming and working out more and harder to get ready for the upcoming spring and summer season. Let’s get motivated and have some fun together getting healthy!!
See you all waterside sometime soon!